General Session: Compassionate Gospel Parenting | Marty Machowski
Nothing encourages our children in the midst of their failures more than a forgiving, compassionate, loving response from mom or dad. But finding grace for such a response in the midst of a conflict is easier said than done. Most of us parents thought we were patient, until God dropped a few kids into our lives to show us how impatient we can be. It is in remembering God’s compassionate and forgiving response to us that the grace we need is found. God isn’t up in heaven shaking his fist at our parenting failures, he is actively cheering us on. Instead of holding his example over our heads, he compares his love and compassion to the way dads here on earth love their kids. Find fresh grace for your parenting as we explore the message of Psalm 103 – a treasure trove of encouragement for parents and message of grace for the soul.
Latest from our Blog
- Navigating Three Grandparenting LandminesNovember 21, 2019 - 3:48 pm
- “How far is too far?”October 7, 2019 - 3:02 pm
- The Problem with Keeping QuietAugust 19, 2019 - 3:00 pm
- The New Flirting-What’s a Grandparent to Do?August 18, 2019 - 8:00 am
- Using Proverbs to Teach Your GrandkidsAugust 4, 2019 - 8:05 am
Get a free eBook...
6 Ways to Help Children Live According to God's Word